This tool has a dedicated following, especially with its recent facelift of new updates and features. However, the success of Angular is only as good as the developer working behind it. That’s why careful consideration is needed when you outsource app development through Angular programmers for hire.
It takes a mere 0.05 seconds for the average user to form an opinion about a company once they land on its website. Relying on the expertise of Angular developers for hire to handle the big responsibility of frontend web development is key. Since Angular is backed by Google, it’s almost certain that this tool is going to be fully supported and around for a long while.
Understanding the Difference Between AngularJS and Angular 2
AngularJS puts a lot of emphasis on clean code and testing, which might be why developers gravitate towards it when compared to other solutions. Some well-known websites that use AngularJS include Gmail, Netflix, Snapchat, Paypal, and Amazon.
In 2014, AngularJS underwent a full redesign and Angular 2 (also simply called Angular) now also exists. While there has been some AngularJS to Angular migration, both versions of the framework are still heavily used today. However, there are some differences when talking about Angular vs AngularJS.
What Does an AngularJS Developer Do?
When you hire an AngularJS developer, they are an expert when it comes to building Single Page Applications (SPAs). Think of your Angular app developer as the architect for every little thing a visitor sees and hears when they land on a webpage or web app. It’s important to find Angular developers that know all the ins and outs of the framework.
Here are just some of the responsibilities a top AngularJS developer can take on:
- Building user interface services
- Component and module creation
- Frontend and/or REST API building
- Unit testing after the development process
- Development of high-performance software
- Connections that enable the development of fundamental software
Angular Developer Roles, Skills and Responsibilities
Angular developers have defined roles, skills and responsibilities. Before the selection process gets underway, it is important to have clear expectations. Hire an Angular developer if you want high-performance results and to get the job done right the first time around.
An entry-level AngularJS developer might not have the knowledge necessary to build complex, high-performance software. So if that is what you’re seeking, you’ll need someone with more experience. However, they will understand how to:
- Work with CSS precompilers such as LESS and Sass
- Knowledge of XML (AJAX)
- Good communication, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Optimize SEO for single-page applications
A mid-level AngularJS developer will have more knowledge from experience in the field. Depending on the project, you might be able to rely on the expertise of a semi-experienced AngularJS coder. They should understand how to:
- Perform every function that an entry-level AngularJS developer does
- Eye-catching, high-performance visual effects and fast frames per second (FPS)
- Write non-blocking code and perform advanced techniques
- Perform unit testing
- Validate user actions
- Create scripts for CIE B
- uild front-end infrastructures
- And more
A senior-level AngularJS developer should have extensive knowledge from years and years of industry experience. When developing complex websites or applications that need to deliver immediate results, an expert AngularJS programmer is what you should be looking for. They will understand how to:
- Perform every function that an entry-level and mid-level AngularJS developer does
- Work with complicated REST architecture
- Work with browser APIs
- Implement Typescript features like decorators, generic types, enums, unions
- Manage sockets
- Use methodologies like DRY, KISS and SOLID
Building the Frontend
AngularJS developers eat and breathe front-end web development, especially when it comes to single-page applications. They also know how to create an interactive website that it draws in, impresses and retains users. It is also important that they design and develop following AngularJS best practices.
Building REST APIs
AngularJS coders (who work on the front end) and back-end developers are like peanut butter and jelly. They complement one another perfectly by working together to ensure single-page applications are insync and meet the necessary specifications.
External Data Sources
A good AngularJS developer will have great coding skills, plus detective skills. Digging up data from outside sources should be a piece of cake, even if it means accessing it from a third-party.
Unit testing falls onto the shoulders of an AngularJS developer. Testing code, components, services and so on is the key to long-term success.
Whether it’s working out the kinks of newly implemented features or fixing existing bugs, when you hire an AngularJS programmer, they are responsible for clean code that delivers results, not error messages.
In addition to specific responsibilities, when you hire AngularJS experts, you can expect a varying level of skills depending on experience. Entry-level developers have a good amount of knowledge, but won’t know as much as a senior-level developer, of course. Here are some of the skills you can expect from entry, to mid and expert.
Advantages and Disadvantages When You Hire an Angular Developer
With a clear understanding of the role, skills and responsibilities of an AngularJS developer, it’s time to explore the pros and cons of choosing outstaffed web development.
Front-end development is crucial to the success of a website and/or web application, so working with experienced professionals is key. When you hire a dedicated AngularJS development firm, like ProCoders, you can trust the project is in good hands from start to finish, and in the future. Using AngularJS programmers extends many benefits, but a few downsides too.
- Fast, no-fuss process: using staff augmentation to add AngularJS developers to your team is a no-brainer. It means faster lead times, prototyping, and testing feedback.
- Professional results: first impressions mean everything. Working with an expert development team can mean the difference between success and failure. Instead of amatuer-looking results, you get a high-performance, winning project.
- Money savings: Want to save on the costs associated with website and/or app development? Here’s a pro tip: hire a remote Angular developer that is located offshore. For example, ProCoders offers IT outstaffing services with professionals from the Ukraine that deliver benefits such as low costs when compared to hiring locally, a vast talent pool, flexible working hours based on your time zone, and a strong reputation for quality.
- Long-term support: Adding programming experts to your team ensures the support you need now and in the future. Don’t find yourself up the creek without a paddle. Use outstaffing for immediate development and future support.
- Language barriers and time zone differences: When engaging offshore developers, a language barrier and less-than-compatible time zones are always risks. However, a reputable IT outstaffing company only employs professionals who are fluent in English and work according to your schedule.
- Poor work quality: Poor work quality can happen with in-house or offshore employees, but in outsourced situations, it can be harder to manage.
To avoid these disadvantages, hire a dedicated AngularJS developer backed by a trustworthy IT outstaffing firm. For example, at ProCoders, all of our professionals deliver superior results, speak fluent English and are available during hours that match your workday.
The Process of Hiring an AngularJS Developer
Hiring AngularJS programmers is an easy process if you have a plan. In order to make sure everything goes smoothly, here are the steps.
- Outline expectations and key goals: know what you want and when you want it. Whether it’s a website, web application or mobile app, have clear objectives and performance evaluators.
- Create a job description: use the expectations and key goals you created in step one to create a clear, concise job depiction. This will ensure the outstaffing firm will match you with AngularJS coders that have the right experience to meet your needs.
- Prepare interview questions: interviewing is the perfect way to get to know potential team members. Ask direct questions not only about their experience with the development process and Angular frameworks, but also communication and interpersonal skills.
Where to Hire AngularJS Experts
As mentioned earlier, working with an IT outstaffing company is a great way to hire an Angular coder, but there are other options. Here are some choices for building a development team.
Hire Permanent, In-House Employees
Adding permanent AngularJS developers to your in-house team is always an option. This gives you complete visibility and control over the project and your employees. The downside is that you will need to search for and train these new additions, which takes time and money.
Hire Freelance Employees
There is an endless trove of freelance employees out there, especially with websites like Upwork, Guru, Fiverr, and more. Hiring freelancers can prove to be a cost-effective option, but you also never really know who you’re getting when someone works for themself. It can be hard to avoid poor performance and inconsistency.
Outsource the Work to an Independent
Third Party Outsourcing is a fast, no-responsibility way to get Angular development done. It’s often more cost effective than hiring in-house team members, but it also means you forfeit direct control over the project. You also won’t have access to quick, immediate responses to questions and/or concerns.
Hire Offshore Employees
Working with a reputable IT offshore staffing firm is one of the best options when you need AngularJS development. Staff augmentation not only saves time and money, but ensures the project is done professionally with your direct input. Plus, wage overhead and recruiting fees are cut by up to 30 percent.
Interview Questions When Hiring AngularJS Developer
When you work with an IT outstaffing agency, they help match you with the right professionals for your project. The next step is the interview process, which is crucial for understanding if a person is the right fit for your teams. Make sure you bring clear expectations to the table, and consider asking some or all of these frontend developer interview questions.
Interview Questions Specific to Angular
- How long have you been using AngularJS?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses within the framework?
- What are some of the best practices associated with AngularJS?
- What are your thoughts on how AngularJS has evolved over time and specifically in relation to Angular 2?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of working with AngularJS based on your past experience?
- Can you describe a specific project where you used AngularJS? What were your biggest wins and failures?
- What are the biggest roadblocks you’ve experienced while using AngularJS and how did you overcome them?
Interview Questions Specific to Staff Augmentation
- What are your biggest strengths and weaknesses specific to working in an outstaffing environment?
- What are the biggest obstacles you see in relation to communication and time zone differences?
- How have you overcome these when working with past clients?
- What is your strategy for success when working closely with an in-house team that might not always be on the same page as you?
Dedicated AngularJS Developer for Hire: Salary and Hourly Rate
AngularJS developer rates vary based on the engagement model. Costs will fluctuate depending on what type of hire you choose (local talent, freelance, outsourcing, or outstaffing). According to Arc, the annual salary for an Angular programmer ranges from $78,564 to $102,088 per year. Hourly rates fluctuate from $61 per hour to $80 per hour, depending on experience, when it comes to frontend developer salary.
How to Find Angular Programmers for Hire With ProCoders
When it comes to Angular developers for hire, ProCoders delivers top-notch talent who meet the expectations of your project. Our approach is efficient and flexible. Our Angular coders work closely with you to meet deadlines, accomplish goals and optimize your investments. Consider us an extension of your IT team—we are there from start to finish, and if you need us in the future.
Our hiring process is easy. We start by identifying what level of Angular developer you are looking for, create a job description and match you with candidates within one to two days. Next, you choose potential team members by setting up interviews and deciding who you like best. Last, but not least, we get to work. Simply onboard your new team members, and assign them their first tasks.
Our dedicated AngularJS developers have extensive experience and the power to transform your project for the better. And the even better news is that our expertise doesn’t stop with Angular. Our coders know it all, from AngularJS and Angular 2, to React, HTML/CSS and Vue.
An Angular JS developer is responsible for everything a visitor sees and hears when they use a website or web app. This professional should have a deep understanding of the framework and expert knowledge when it comes to building Single Page Applications (SPAs).
AngularJS developers are available for hire in a number of different ways. Some of the options include local talent, freelancers, outsourcing, or outstaffing.
Working with a reputable IT offshore staffing firm not only saves time and money, but ensures the project is done professionally with your direct input. Plus, wage overhead and recruiting fees are cut by up to 30 percent.
Understanding the steps and costs involved in this process is also key. There are many ways to hire an Angular developer so it’s important to choose the engagement model that works best for your project. Local talent, freelancers, outsourcing, and outstaffing are all viable options. However, working with a trustworthy IT outstaffing firm is a proven way to save time and money.